Michael (“Mike”) Jurek is an Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Family Law who manages the Domestic Relations and Family Law practice group at Dungan & LeFevre.
Mike routinely handles divorces, dissolutions, custody disputes, child support matters, domestic violence and civil protective orders, and parental rights. He also works on behalf of individuals and businesses in litigating employment matters and commercial disputes. Mike has an extensive litigation background, having worked as a federal judicial law clerk for Hon. Michael J. Newman in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and as an associate at a national law firm at the outset of his legal career.
In addition to his legal practice, Mike leads Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University out of Dungan & LeFevre’s Troy office every January. Given that financial recovery is frequently an issue for his divorce clients, Mike’s guidance typically involves helping his clients establish a plan post-divorce to get out of debt, get on a budget and get their financial affairs in order for the next chapter of their lives.
Mike's book, A Path To Financial Recovery After Divorce: Avoid Pitfalls That Snag Divorcees Navigate Your Way to Financial Independence, is now available on Amazon.
Mike graduated from the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2007, where he served as an associate editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. In 2004, Mike received his undergraduate degree from Denison University, located in Granville, Ohio.
He is a member of the Miami County Bar Association, as well as the Dayton Bar Association. Mike served as the Co-Chair of the Dayton Bar Association’s Domestic Relations Committee in 2018-2019.
Contact Mike Jurek at (937) 332-9660 to schedule an initial consultation regarding your legal matter.
- Ohio, 2007
- Kentucky, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2008
- Mike’s book, A Path To Financial Recovery After Divorce: Avoid Pitfalls That Snag Divorcees & Navigate Your Way to Financial Independence, is now available on Amazon.
- “Janitor or Savior- The Role of Congress in Professional Boxing Reform”, 67 Ohio St. L.J. 1187, 2006
- Thompson Hine LLP, Associate Attorney, 2007 to 2009
- Honorable Michael J. Newman in the U.S. District Court, Federal Judicial Law Clerk
- Dayton Bar Association, Domestic Relations Committee, (Co-Chair 2018-19)
- Miami County Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Domestic Relations and Family Law 100%
- Domestic Relations & Family Law
- Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 2007
- Denison University, Granville, Ohio
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa